Research shows that cognitive enrichment program can help improve brain function, decrease social isolation, and enhance quality of life. Following a baseline assessment, our team individual tailors sessions based on the client’s cognitive abilities and unique interests. Through carefully selected activities and experiences, we start a journey to re-engage their curiosity, restore a sense of purpose and pride, and bring back joy.
- Increase brain plasticity
- Improve concentration and focus
- Advance reasoning and perception
- Strengthen short-term memory
- Re-engage creative powers
- Enhance social engagement and strengthen social bonds
- Keep the mind fit
- Boost emotional strength, mood and confidence
- Improve functional independence
To achieve these goals, we use several different modalities including memory training, problem solving, creative expression, and intellectual engagement, among others. The tools we use include computer programs, storytelling, puzzles, arts and crafts, sensory and memory games, literature and poetry, meditation, music and exercise.
Emily Scholler is the director of this program and has extensive research experience in neurodegenerative diseases as well as in the skilled nursing facility environment providing engaging experiences with compassion and empathy for those with memory impairments.