What is an Aging Life Care Manager?
Aging Life Care managers/professionals provide direction and guidance regarding aging-related issues and act as advocates for their clients. Specific services include:
- Providing comprehensive needs assessments
- Developing and monitoring care plans that serve as a blueprint for solving issues and promoting wellness
- Acting as a liaison among a client’s health care providers to ensure a holistic, seamless delivery of care
- Attending medical appointments with a client and advocating for their best interests
- Providing guidance when specific challenges arise
- Educating clients on the numerous local resources available to them and how best to access their services
- Provide crisis intervention during emergency situations
- Helping family members find a support system and act as an intermediary if conflict arises
- Working to find the best possible living situation, which may be a client’s home (with or without the assistance of in-home caregivers) or a senior living community
- Coordinating and educating home care workers in delivering superior care
The biggest advantage of using the services of a care manager is that they provide a holistic approach to a senior’s care and have the experience and expertise to find solutions and help ensure positive outcomes.